Tuesday 11th April - commute.

 I had both Friday and Monday off for the long easter weekend and didn't do any cycling, but I did fit new Schwalbe Marathon plus tyres. Despite horror stories on the Internet of how difficult these are to fit, I found them no worse than any other stiff walled tyre. 



Initial impressions are they feel newer and stiffer than the slightly wider and well worn 365s. It was difficult to get a good idea as it was really windy this morning and still a bit breezy and threatening rain this evening.  My main hope is a reduction in the number of punctures.  

Otherwise it was a hard cycle in the wind, but also noticeably quieter on the roads with the easter holidays. 


The weather forecast for tomorrow looks grim and I need to take other things to work, so it may be a car day. 

Commuting total 391.2 miles.


 

Comments

Popular Posts