Wednesday 6th July - commute.

 

Another hard cycle this morning with strong gusting winds and showers of rain. The wind kept me dry but the accompaniment to my ride was the tink of rain on my helmet and the constant fluttering of my jacket. 


I pulled the drive side crank last night to try and feel the bottom bracket bearing. The crank bolt wasn't super tight. I'm of the school that thinks you should grease square tapers to get the closest fit, so I cleaned the lot, lubed it and torqued it all up. 

The creaking seems to have stopped so I'll keep my fingers crossed.


The ride home was a pleasure with a strong tailwind and some welcome sunshine. It was also fast with a new top speed of 40.5mph. 

Commuting total 88.5 miles.


Comments

  1. Yowch.. 40 mph?! Don't let the boys in blue catch you... legal limit is 15.5mph.. https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The motor cuts out at 15.5mph but gravity keeps going. Without pedalling I regularly get 32mph on that hill.

      Delete
    2. Aah.. understand..well done!! My record is 30.2.. :o)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts