January 15th new bars.

Looking back at old photos, I had fitted On One Geoff  (Jones style) bars to the LHT by October 2021. They have loads of options for hand postions, but I've always had a sense that they were just too big. 

Years of riding on the hoods of drop bars and the last 6 months riding flat bars on the Ridgeback had me considering a compromise. This morning I finally got around to delving into the spares box and fitting flat bars, worn old mtb grips and stubby bar-ends.


After a mile of cycling I didn't really notice the new set up. It seems close to my Ridgeback commuting bike, but less wrist pressure, so I'm happy. The little bar ends work, allowing me to vary my grip. I had previously tried some Ergon copies but they were a disaster.  Buy cheap, buy twice. 

I went along the coast in a cold wind and then turned up to Wester Broomhouse. My heart was pounding hard after the climb. I think I was pushing too high a gear, maybe from becoming used to the speed I can keep on the ebike. Or I've put on too much weight and not done enough cycling recently. 🙄 

Back down into town and I went grocery shopping before taking a meander through the woods and home. 


I'm happy with the bars for now. The cables are a bit long from the Jones bars, but that's not as much of a problem as my fitness. Time for more climbing. 


Comments

Popular Posts