Friday 6th January - night ride.

 It was a dry night with a temperature of around 7°f , although the bit of wind brought that down to about 4°f (40°c). My front light was fully charged this time and off I went on the Long Haul Trucker at 21:30 for a random cycle. 



I hadn't planned a route and just looked for chances to try and capture some images of street lighting.  The modern white led street lights definitely provide a better light for photographing than the orange hue of the older lights. 

Into the woods again and I waited in silence hoping for an owl but instead heard the gentle stepping through the day leaves of a roe deer. It didn't seem particularly bothered by my bike  but kept slowly moving with trees between us. 



My next stop was out of town at the cement works which has its own character at night. I also saw quite a few rabbits nearby which was good as I didn't see many last summer. 




16.3km which I think is about 10 miles. A pleasant way to finish the working week. 







Comments

Popular Posts