Friday 16th September - commute.

 I was slow getting up and had to push hard to make up time on my cycle. There was a northerly wind, the first of autumn, so I prudently wore an extra layer with long sleeves and also full finger neoprene gloves. 


Those gloves are normally kept for rain, as they keep my fingers warm when wet, but they don't have any padding. I often get numb thumbs when cycling and its no doubt pressure on the wrists and carpal tunnel . I've tried various bars and grips with no perfect solution. The jones style bars on the LHT with an angled stem offer the most positions and best relief. Drops, ridden on the hoods, used to be fine but I started to get pain with those over the last couple of years. 

I think the best combination for me would probably be an adjustable stem to relieve wrist pressure combined with Dutch bars and ergo grips. Vanity stops me going down that route at present. 

A messy surf had built in Belhaven bay by the time I was cycling home. There was a kite boarder and a couple of surfers but there weren't any clear lines building. I've kayak surfed in waves like that, and with my poor skills, it is a very wet and exhausting business. 

Commuting total 1144.2 miles.

Comments

  1. Getting chilly with those northerly's.. apropos of nothing, got no problem with hands/wrists, my issue is pins and needles in my feet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts