Weekend musings

 I had some time to myself on Sunday afternoon so the poor neglected Long Haul Trucker got a bit of air in the tyres and taken out for an afternoon spin. 

Around town, through the woods and then along to the lighthouse. Familiar territory for the trucker. 

I got out of the breeze in the shelter of some gorse bushes and put the stove on. I think it's about a year since I last brewed up out cycling. 


It's 10 years since I built the trucker. Throughout that time I've changed from drops to Jones style bars, gone through a couple of saddles, several tyre options , but always stuck with the Shimano XT 3x8 drive train. I've used up two bottom brackets but the fsa pig headset is original. I've also replaced the back wheel but I think the front is the same cheap and cheerful rim. Brakes are currently frankenstein cantilevers that work. 


Coming off the Ridgeback, the LHT seems so light! It's also super comfy, even with an unfamiliar saddle and the relaxed steel frame has a reputation for being a world tourer for a reason. We have favourite bikes for lots of practical reasons or sentimental memories, but the LHT is just so good at doing nearly everything I want from a bike. If I'm going any distance,  the LHT wins. For my commute, the pedal assist of the Ridgeback is just so much easier. 

Not far today, probably no more than 10 miles of relaxed cycling. 

Comments

Popular Posts