Tuesday 9th May - commute.

 It was another long weekend, but unfortunately the weather was poor, with thunder storms on Saturday and pouring rain yesterday. I decided to make the best of being stuck indoors and do a little much needed maintenance on the Ridgeback. My plan was to strip the internal gear hub and lubricate it. The chain needed a really good clean and it became obvious that the rear sprocket was pretty filthy too. It now looks more worn than the original I took off. It might get swapped. 

When I took the hub out, it looked remarkably clean with white grease in all the right places. I decided just to leave it at present as a more pressing matter had become apparent in the form of three broken spokes. These were replaced and then I put the wheel in the jig and trued and tensioned the whole thing. 

I've looked through photos from last week and the spokes look fine there. Maybe I took a hard hit on Friday. My commuting route does have some rough bumps. 


The Schwalbe Marathon plus tyres now have a month of commuting on them and are looking good and remain puncture free. 

Commuting total 842.8 miles.

 

Comments

Popular Posts