Friday 26th May - commute

 The forecast had been for a bright and breezy morning but it was quite overcast and calm. I made good time for a Friday when I'm often quite tired and happy just to cycle along using the pedal assist. 

On my way home it was sunny again and short sleeve weather. I have been cycling home using eco mode, and today I switched the assist off altogether for one stretch. This is when the Ridgeback's weight and the heavy pannier show themselves. 

I was then passed by someone on a flat bar road bike, or narrow tyred hybrid. I couldn't let that happen so got the head down and cranked along at 15-17mph for the next 3 or 4 miles. He kept going where I turned off for the Biel burn, which was just as well as I was going to be dropped anyway. I should know know better than to chase roadies. 



Commuting total 1163.5 miles.

Comments

Popular Posts