Wednesday 12th April - commute

 Despite this morning's very gusty winds and freezing cold, I decided to cycle.  As I pedalled over Pencraig into a strong headwind, the odometer clocked 400 miles for this year's commuting and a few seconds later my saddle slumped to one side. A quick look and one of the saddle rails had snapped. The saddle is pretty worn out and has done thousands of miles, so I can't complain too much. 


During the morning I picked up the original Ridgeback saddle that the previous owner had given me with the bike. Its narrower and doesn't have much cushioning, but I'm only using it for an hour at a time, so it should be OK. 

I have another d2 saddle that's on my Long Haul Trucker, but I'll keep it there for the longer days on the bike.


The light on the seat post has a 2.5 Allen bolt and I managed to drop my driver bit into long grass. I'll look for it again tomorrow.  

Commuting total 414.2 miles.


Comments

Popular Posts