Friday 24th March - commute.

I only managed down to the bay before the spotting rain became heavy enough that I stopped and put on my waterproof jacket and trousers. I'm usually reluctant to wear the trousers, as I find them restrictive compared to my usual 3/4 shorts, but today I immediately felt the benefit of some warmth. 


My return journey started in pouring rain and I even put on my overshoes. With dark clouds, I had my lights on, and just kept a steady pace. I found my thoughts drifting and quite enjoyed my cycle. 

The last couple of miles were dry and I stopped for a quick photo at Belhaven.  I was lucky as not long after I'd got home and put the kettle on, the rain caught up with me and it looks like it's on for the evening. 

Four days and 100 ish miles of cycling. The forecast looks bitterly cold for Monday, so I might be using the car, but I'm happy to be back on the bike. 

Commuting total 184.5 miles.  

Comments

Popular Posts