Friday 10th February - night ride.

I had originally planned to do a little maintenance on the LHT and check everything over after my mini tour. I kept putting it off during the day, and by night time, I figured taking it for a ride around town would be a perfectly satisfactory way of finding any squeaks or rattles. It would also be a ride for the Urban Adventure League midnight bicycle league 2023.


First thing that struck me was how light it felt without the panniers. I pedalled off for a loop along the quieter streets and quickly noticed how noisy the chain was. It definitely needs some lube. The return half of my loop was a bit exposed to the gusty winds, so I cut back in amongst the houses. 

About 3 or 4 miles and nothing major to worry about. It was quite relaxing just cycling along listening to the bike. The last few days have been about looking everywhere at all the new sights, but in the dark, on familiar roads, I was using my ears and taking it easy.

9pm, 7°C  WSW 20mph, gusting to 30. 

Oh, and I must remember to wash out the water bottles.


Comments

Popular Posts