Thursday 6th October - commute

I haven't bought a newspaper in a long time and, like many, rely on my on line feeds for news. These are often peppered with nonsense and click bait. Today's weather forecast had just such headlines with 'risk to life' from high winds. Further reading revealed plenty of 'slight', 'possible', and 'chance' in the article. 

What was of concern was the forecast of gust speeds of around 45mph during my commute in the morning. Waking in the early hours and hearing errant wheelie bins rumbling around in the street seemed to confirm this. 

The forecast proved correct regarding the gusting winds and this morning was one of the hardest cycles I have done for sone time. It was relentless but I made it. 

Going home was great with a new top speed of 41.7 mph. 


Commuting total 1462.5 mil



Comments

  1. Blimey... 41.7!? You'll need a leather flying helmet and googles next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts