Friday 7th October - commute.

 I was tired this morning as I set off into another blustery wind. It wasn't as strong as yesterday and I wasn't in quite as much of a rush, so I tried to go with the gusts and not fight it. 

The Ridgeback seems to be holding up well at the moment. My rebuilt back wheel is still straight and in tension. The chain seemed to have an initial stretch but hasn't needed any further adjustment  and I've been lucky with punctures for the last few weeks. The brakes still have a reasonable amount of meat left on the pads  so I haven't changed them yet. 

I'll give everything a once over this weekend and pump up the tyres. I should also give the seat post a wipe of grease. I've got a 2nd hand Velo d2 saddle coming from ebay, so depending on the condition,  it will go on the LHT or maybe the Ridgeback. 

The weather on the way home was great and there was a little evening sun to brighten up another long week at work. 



The shadows are getting longer.

Commuting total 1488 miles. 

Comments

Popular Posts