Tuesday 27th September - commute

 I'm now wearing full gloves and a long sleeve layer under my windproof. It's definitely getting colder in the mornings. 


Down at the bay there was just the calling of the small waders and the sound of distant surf as I pedalled into a strengthening breeze. There are still a few hardy dog walkers, but the paths are getting quieter each day. 

I'm still wearing my Endura 3/4 shorts but I'll probably be back into the long trousers in the next week. Many years ago  knee length breeches were popular in the rambling/hill walking world. I remember attending a lecture on winter safety with an interesting account of the deficiency in venous return when there was a cold gap between the foot and thigh. I'm not sure how correct this was, but I don't have any urge to inhibit my peripheral circulation, so I wrap up warm. I can always take a layer off if I need to. 

Commuting total 1290.8 miles.

Comments

Popular Posts