Thursday 8th September- commute.

 After that hot summer, a bit of rain was welcome, but this is getting ridiculous.  


I managed to get all my kit dry overnight and the rain held off for most of my morning cycle, although the roads were flooded in places. 

On my way to work the odometer clocked up 1000 miles of commuting. That's about as far as Zaragoza in Spain or further than Krakow in Poland.


I wasn't so lucky on the way home and got absolutely soaked. My cycling gear is hanging up to dry along with the clothes I changed into to take the poor dog for a walk. 

The forecast looks like the rain might ease for a couple of hours overnight but then it is back to a biblical downpour at commuting time.

 I think I'm going to take the car tomorrow. It would also make work a bit easier as I could finish and go straight home rather than return to the hospital. We'll see. 

Commuting total 1021.8 miles. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts