Thursday 15th September - commute

 Finding the right moment to put waterproofs on is a skill. My current set up of old Altura trousers with a walking jacket works pretty well and I'm tending to put them on early. This evening's cycle home was just such a case. As the shower got heavier I stopped under a tree and had a look at the sky. It wasn't promising and with 11 miles to go, it was time to put the jacket and trousers on. 



If I was just out for a leisure cycle I would have carried on and got wet. But drying kit to have it ready for morning is a hassle. If I ever get the chance for a longer tour, I'm pretty confident in my clothing now. 

I have also bought Vaude overshoes which I was keen to try out, but forgot to put them in the pannier. I'm sure there will be another opportunity. 

Commuting total 1119.3 miles. 

Comments

Popular Posts