Friday 2nd September.

 I've been on annual leave this week and took the opportunity to rebuild the back wheel with a new set of spokes. I thought I'd better get out for a cycle and see if it held together. 


On my way to work I go west, so today I headed east along the new cycle path past the cement works. Then down the coast to Torness. 


It was breezy but pleasant cycling. I passed six other cyclists which is more than I've seen in a long time. I pondered on this as I shoved the very heavy Ridgeback up the steps towards Skateraw. I suppose touring cyclists are using the same route I am, but I'm there early morning and again in the evening. Being out in the middle of the day is unusual for me. 


I stopped at the Limekilns at Skateraw and got out of the strengthening breeze. 



It was the first time in months that I felt I could have done with another layer of clothing. I'll need to dig out a cycling jumper for my commute. But that's next week, today it was time to put the kettle on. 


I brewed a coffee and sat in the shelter of the kiln. I was reasonably comfortable and sat reading my book, and listening to the wind in the dry grass. 

Eventually I packed up and headed back to Dunbar where I visited Coastkid and chatted about wheels. I might have talked myself into building a set of 29er wheels on spare on-one fatty hubs he had. I'll look out for some rims and think about it, although first I need to find out if my Fatbike is still where I stored it!



Standard photo of the bike at the bear. Everyone does it. 

The wheel seems fine with no obvious loosening. 

Comments

Popular Posts