Monday 15th August

 The bike wouldn't switch on this morning. I dragged it back inside and unplugged the battery. It was showing a full charge. I put my multimeter and there is continuity across the negative terminal to the controller but nothing on the positive. I ran out of time and had to take the car to work. 



This evening I checked the battery and although it's showing a full charge,  it wasn't giving any discharge. I wasn't sure if there was a signal from the battery management to the controller but after dismantling everything, I think its the battery. So that's an expensive problem. 

I've commuted solidly for 750mikes over the last 6 weeks so I shouldn't feel too guilty about taking the car to work  but I did miss my cycle today. 

I'll phone around the shimano dealers and see what the situation is with battery testing/repairs. I suspect I'll be buying a new one.


Comments

  1. So 1500 miles in total ('cos it had one 750 when you got it) and the battery is knackered? That's harsh.. commiserations...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, if the original milage was correct. It looks like it's a fault in the battery management unit. I'm going to buy a new battery but it would be good to get something out of the old one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts