Weekend musings

 

Sunday morning at the stables and time to reflect. 



That's a month of daily cycling to work and back completed and I feel better for doing it. My legs are definitely a bit stronger but aching a lot, I'm a little tired but I think my mood is generally a bit brighter. 

I know my route pretty well now. I'm at the stage of predicting individual bumps in the path. My thoughts aren't so focused on cycling and tend to wander on all sorts of subjects. 

Every morning and each evening I'm passed by a small motorbike going in the same direction as I am. The rider wears a distinctive checked Vans rucksack. I haven't a clue who they are, whether they are male or female, but they seem to work roughly the same hours as I do and make the same journeys. 

I used to commute by motorbike and built a camaraderie with other bikers I saw every morning. All experiencing the same rain or cold, or taking joy in the warm dry days when spring arrived.

I haven't seen the the 'Vans bike' this week and maybe they are on holiday or have a new job, but a little part of me worries they are not well or have had an accident. Hopefully they'll reappear next week. 







Comments

Popular Posts