Friday 8th July - commute

 This morning was a hard cycle. I had a gusting headwind to deal with and very tired legs. I've cycled loads of metric centuries and gone out again the next day, but 25 miles each day is a different sort of ache for me. I'll freely admit I wouldn't have done it without pedal assist.


I have really enjoyed commuting by bike this week and I plan to keep going while work and weather allows. I feel brighter at work and have more energy. My colleagues think I'm seriously odd, but that is long standing. 


On my way home I decided to take a longer route by the Hailes. It doesn't have the long climb and descent but does have a few of short steep sections. There was a lot less traffic which is just as well as its a narrowsingle track road. 


The sun on my back  with a bit of a tailwind. Beautiful countryside, skylarks singing,  breath deeply and enjoy the moment. 


Commuting total 150.8 miles. 

Comments

Popular Posts