Friday 29th July - commute

 Friday again, and the last working day of July for me. I was pleased to see the odometer click past 500 miles for this month. 



That is equal to cycling in a straight line east to Norway or south east to Paris. Unfortunately it was just work and home, but I'm still chuffed. 

I seem to have the bike set up pretty close to ideal. The hand grip position is a little off, but I might have been spoilled by the LHT and it could be the harsher ride of an aluminium frame that I'm feeling in my wrists. I'm also going to keep an eye out for a spare saddle. My current favourite Velo D2 is starting to look a bit worn.

The sky looked very ominous as I started home this evening, but I got lucky and kept dry. Plenty of bugs, but no rain. 



There was a small parcel waiting at home. The cheapest secateurs on ebay have arrived. I'll start surreptitious pruning next week. Although I'm not sure if they are going to be man enough. 

Commuting total for July 514.1 miles. 




Comments

  1. Bravo! It varies but I think I do between 250 and 300 a month..less over winter... the odometer shows 3.1K since I got the bike in May last year... which is the same as Madrid to Damascus... which would be far more exciting than the 300 times to work and back it actually was... :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve, that's quite a millage you've achieved. It's satisfying when you look at it in terms of crossing continents.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts