New bike time.

This blog is in many ways a fresh start on an old blog I gave up seven years ago. I'm not sure if many people read blogs anymore, but I enjoyed being creative and posting and it was often my blog that inspired me to get out when the weather was inclement. Blogging also acts as a great illustrated diary that reminds me of the good times, of overcoming difficulties, and that everything eventually passes when daily life seems a bit too tough. 

My previous blog had wandered between sailing and cycling with a bit of local history on the way. It ran out of steam as a lot of other things took up my time. 

At the end of 2019 my work moved to a new hospital with decent showers and changing rooms. I commuted a couple of times by bike but then, like the rest of the world, Covid came and everything went tits up. I kept cycling and my Surly LHT will be celebrating its 10th birthday with me in August, and its still my favourite bike  but a 12 mile commute takes time and it can be a really windy route. So I've done something I never thought I would do and bought this. 



It's a used 2019 Ridgeback e-flight with 750 miles on it and a full service history. (Yes, I know, but ebikes record this sort of stuff on their computers). It even has the original spoke reflectors, which will be coming off! 

I'll do the usual mods, saddle, grips, pedals, fitting and luggage, then start with commuting when I feel up to it and see how it goes. 

I'm not putting pressure on myself, I'm just going to enjoy it. 


Comments

Popular Posts